miercuri, 14 aprilie 2010

Lately, I've been developping the profile of the perfect bastard, a man whose traits are split into a variety of handwritings and thoughts. He is a byproduct of all the refined villains and not-so villains that I had the pleasure to meet, and it is hightime that someone created him. Beautiful and decadent like Dorian Grey, cynical like Lord Harry Wotton , obsessive like Humbert Humbert, nihilist like Holden Caulfield, armed with the black humour of the Joker and the words of Iago, refined like Rhett Butler . A hedonist, a nihilist, an anarchist; a walking contradiction. A man that can never be part of the world , but just float a few cm above the earth, with a sarcastic smile in the corner of his senusal mouth. A man who gave up his soul , a scared demon, a scary angel. So, who can invent this man? I'd write him , but my ink is too pale and my paper isn't white enough...There are moments when I look on evil simply as a mode through which I can realise my conception of the beautiful.

Un comentariu:

yogy-as-david spunea...

the existence of this ultimate evil man can only suggest that there must be an equaly powered, at the other side of the spectrum, ultimate hero. that might be the reason you want to find him, or at least invent him. the thing is, actually, since none of the two exist neither can they be created, you are only having a dream that only lasts as long as you still believe in heroes or villains. we are only people. they are only people invented by other people. to bad we can't invent ourselves...isn't it ?