miercuri, 24 decembrie 2008

On Christmas.

I possess memories that are somehow related to Christmas, I also have those photos with me as a little girl next to a huge Christmas tree full of flamboyant adornments. However this is the first Christmas without beautifully wrapped presents, without my father , without Santa Claus. The rest of my family is trying to stick to the traditions , but they don't seem to be successful, and instead of the holiday spirit ,it is the"used to be" spirit that reigns in our house. I know there are some things that are gone forever, and I just tried to cover up the blank space to fill in for everybody who is missing. I admit that I am not an extremely virtuous being, but I like giving even when I'm not receiving, I like doing everything I am able to do just for the wellbeing of the others. This Christmas was not stolen by Grinch (yet) , but it hasn't brought me love, friendship or affection ( once again , yet). Instead I like to believe that it offered me willpower and courage to change for the better. And faith I might add, in myself, in the future and in everything it holds for me. Christmas has also come along with knowledge and wisdom, as it brought me to the conclusion that I don't belong to a specific group, but I belong to the world.
This Christmas is like Yin and Yang it is both happy and sad , it wakes up my deepest pains and losses , but it also opens a new path to be followed in the new year . Disappointed ? Not at all. In the end, Christmas is just as relative as art itself: it only stands for the things you attribute to them, only for the sincere feelings that you decide to settle free.
And for me? Christmas means a wish and the power to achieve it, letting go all the bad times, opening up to the really important things in life. As a more restricted sense, this holiday is all about believing in your dreams and finding the path that leads to it, without forgetting the people that love you.
I wish you the brightest Christmas ever!

Niciun comentariu: