sâmbătă, 6 decembrie 2008

On high society.

I am not an outsider, nor do I wish to be one. My social position is quite instable, and its versatility lays in the variety of cliques that i frequent. The truth is that it is rather hard to think of the category in which i belong, because i am regarded as a cocktail of all the labels. I am introspective enough to fit in the artistic group ( the guys with funky clothes and cameras) , self concious and egocentric enough to be a scene kid ( the ones who like to show off a lot) , smart ( and modest) enough to be the nerdy type.
Recently i had the opportunity to get a glance into the world of the so called elite of Constanta. Of course that I met people that stood for everything i hate, but it also made me shatter my beliefs . Being part of the high society of Constanta does not necessarily mean being superficial, but being as superficial ( and artificial) as you want. Word is, we all need a bit of luxury and pampering sometimes, spending money or considering trivial things. I guess it is part of the human nature . To me , this insight offered me not only a break from my intellectual status, but also changed me for the better. You might be really surprised about that and you might also ask how the hell this happened. The answer is very simple: it made me think about the kind of person i want to become, it gave me confidence in my self and fulfilled my need for adrenaline.
Strange as it may seem I find something good in all the lifestyles i met: the energy of punk rockers, the deepness of the artists, the wisdom of the nerds, the confidence of the popular kids. I might be awfully wrong, but i believe that these are the ingredients of a great existence. I said it before and i shall say it again: I hate this town and I hate this country , but while I'm here I am going to take all the advantages that life is kind enough to offer me. I try not to regard Constanta as a dead end , but as an exciting beginning, because in here there are plenty of things for me to learn and i am ready to learn all the lessons that time teaches me.

Niciun comentariu: